Sunday, December 6, 2009

Five finger crawl

So I'm a day late and a dollar short, but this is a returning feature on Complex Man: on the fifth day of every month five top-fives will be posted. Feel free to send in top 5's or suggest future top 5's you'd like to read!

Five best HBO-shows:
1. The Sopranos
2. The Wire
3. Band Of Brothers
4. Deadwood
5. Entourage

Five best Agnostic Front live quotes:
1. "a lot of you people ain't gonna live to see tomorrow if you keep fucking around this way!"
2. "this is not a racist song, this is the goddamn, fucking truth!"
3. "... if Vinnie Stigma's ready. ... We got through a lot of shit here in this band. And you know we still hate eachother but we still play with eachother."
4. "do you guys wanna see the band or do you wanna see the bouncers?"
5. "this is also on our new album we just put out recently this year. The album was called One Voice. It's basically not just my voice, it's the voice of all of us here and everyone in America... And in Europe. What we are saying is that we are the voice of the oppressed people, 'cause we've all got problems, and we all try to hang out with eachother... It's all about unity, and about one... equal... voice. This is called 'one voice'!"

Five questions Kris Peers aka LL Cool P has been to known to ask:
1. "Why do mobilhomes and caravans only come in the colour white?"
2. "Why are The Rolling Stones 27 times on my iPod when I scroll down my 'artists'?"
3. "Is Casey Jones a person or why is this band called like that?"
4. "Why did Koen pull up his socks up until his knees all the time?"
5. "How come there's snow on the right side of the highway but not on the left side?"

Five books that I plan to read in the not-so-distant future:
1. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace (started reading this book on tour but wasn't able to finish it, as it was pretty difficult to fully understand and it's hard enough as it is to concentrate on anything on tour. I wish there was a Dutch translation I could read to prepare for the original version, but I want to give the English version another shot and hope to finish it this time.)
2. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (finished his first book The Shadow Of The Wind in just a couple of days so I'm looking forward to cracking this one too!)
3. Burmese Days by George Orwell (I read this book when I was 13 years old and obviously way too young to completely get it and enjoy it. But I still remember a couple of paragraphs that struck home with the 14-year old me, and that I've used in my life ever since. Therefore I'd like to re-read this because who knows how many life lessons this book still holds for me...)
4. Lords Of The Bow and Bones Of The Hills by Conn Iggulden (I read all four books of his Emperor Series in a couple of weeks earlier this year, and started the first book of his Conquerer Series on Genghis Khan right after. Will have to pick up both follow-up books to Wolf Of The Plains soon!)
5. Burning Fight by Brian Peterson and The Anti-Matter Anthology by Norman Brannon (have had both of these laying around for a while now, but haven't been urged to read any of them so far. Of the latter I probably have read most interviews in the original fanzines though. Now that I come to think about it, I'd really like to read that Mike Judge interview again so maybe I'll get around to reading this book now...)

Five Nike-things I put on eBay this week that sold for way more than I purchased them for:
1. Nike Air Max 90 Infrared: purchased these at Foot Locker with a Friends&Family coupon for 90 euros and sold 'em for 170 euros. Will probably regret selling these one day, but I still have an extra pair though.
2. Nike Air Jordan Mars Blackmon T-shirt: bought this on tour in Manchester for 1 pound (not even 2 euros) because it had what appeared to be a huge Ice-Tea stain on it. Washed it once, no trace of the stain, put the tag back on and sold it for 25 euros.
3. Nike Air Max 1 original 1987 colour: got these at Foot Locker with the Friends&Family coupon too, paid 65 euros for 'em and sold them for 111 euros on eBay. Never liked this colourway and definitely won't regret selling these. Unless you offer me twice that amount next month...
4. Nike Air Max 1 Newspaper Edition: bought these for about 25 euros on eBay, held onto them for a couple of years and now sold them for 73 euros.
5. Nike Air Ben Drury 'hold tight' windrunner jacket: picked this up for 25 euros together with the bag that came with it. Kept the bag and got 60 euros on eBay for just the windbreaker. Will probably regret selling this cause it's a great jacket , but I wore it 2 times in the last couple of years and I'm not a huge fan of Ben Drury so whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment