Monday, November 23, 2009

Quote Of The Week



Every Monday I will leave you with a Quote Of The Week which will help you kick off your week in a confident manner. Some inspirational words of wisdom that will influence the mind and soul. Or just something that makes me sound cool.

To start this off with, I want to quote some song lyrics by the Cro-Mags. The Cro-Mags are one of my all-time favourite bands and this is one of my all-time favourite records. Besides having written some amazing music, I think what lifts the Cro-Mags way above most bands are their lyrics. I sure can appreciate good music for what it is, but I've always preffered music that came with a message: if you have nothing to say, why say something?
Well, John Joseph and Harley Flannagan definitely have something substantial to say, and the following is just one the many great examples of how these uneducated and street-raised survivors still always have been able to define themselves. Expect more worshipping of this band and this record on here in the future, during Cro-Mag Week. It's just unavoidable.
Anyway, here's some of my favourite lyrics off this album: 'seekers of the truth'.
I live by these words. Cro-Mag Life.



wastin' my time, servin' my mind
for sense pleasures I can find
gotta get back, back to the truth
you know it was left behind
it's so easy to see, if you wanna be free
don't wanna be just a slave
cause no matter how you choose
you know you'll lose
if you ain't looking for the truth

searchin and searchin for something real
you gotta know how I feel
cause we been looking after the truth
rejected those lies of our youth
you've seen the proof
this ain't no spoof
they tried to bend the truth
and we won't regret the things we met
if we're on the path of righteousness

now we gotta, we gotta go back
something ain't right so we gotta, we gotta go back
trace our steps and see what we've done
it's time for us to go back to square one

you just can't seem to see what I mean
you know what I'm talkin about
cause we been in bondage much too long
don't you think it's time to get out
see time has taken it's toll
and they're in control
we can't let this madness last
gotta make our move
get in the groove
we gotta do something fast

Cro-Mags - 'seekers of the truth' - The Age Of Quarrel - 1986

No comments:

Post a Comment