Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I don't do too much blogging

I just run this town, I don't do too much jogging

Soooo... it's been a while since I last updated this blawg, and by ‘while’ I obviously mean a long ass while as it’s been over six months. A lot has happened to me during those six months and the more that happens to me, the less happens to this blog...
That being said, in case you want to know - and I assume you do since you're still reading this right? - allow me to give you a little rundown of my complex life in 2010 so far: at the end of January I went on tour with Rise And Fall and Trapped Under Ice for two weeks, and a couple of days later I joined True Colors on their European tour with Floorpunch. Both tours were great, even though I missed two of the Floorpunch dates due to unexpected work obligations. The weather in Europe was cold as life during this period and our spirits were definitely tried and tested, but gig-mentality prevailed.

The last show of that Floorpunch/True Colors tour also marked the last Rhythm To The Madness live performance as we know it. Nevertheless, we soon found ourselves writing and recording new music. In June we hit CCR Studios to record an 8-minute track entitled ‘challenging the heavens’ that will be released on the already notorious Six Feet Under compilation in the distant or not so distant future. Although I doubt anybody outside the band will like this, I’m pretty proud of the song in general and of its lyrics specifically, but I'll get more into that sometime later.

In May I tagged along with True Colors for a weekend trip to Russia. As if hanging with Packo, Peers, Dunk, Hingie and Geert isn't cool enough on itself, both shows were straight up amazing! The kids in Moscow and Saint-Petersburg were so welcoming, supportive and grateful, and the entire weekend was a perfect blend of Hardcore, sightseeing, gastronomy, culture shock and good hangouts. I wouldn't be able to spell their names but a big belated thank you goes out to Victor and his friends for taking such good care of us!

A couple of months later I found myself chilling in the wonderful city of Madrid, Spain. This must have been the first trip abroad that I made in over ten years that wasn't music-related and it felt a little awkward at first: when we arrived at Madrid airport, I instinctly started going through the motions of checking which club we were supposed to be, what time load-in was and when there'd be food in the backstage. This may sound odd or just straight up stupid to you, and it does to me too, but apparantly I couldn't set foot abroad without automatically going into gig-mode.
Anyway, once I realised I touched down in Madrid with the sole intention of chilling and relaxing with some of my best friends, I was able to get the best out of the weekend. Madrid is a beautiful city and we've been walking around, hanging around, acting like ignorant tourist and it was awesome. Whenever I see the pictures of that weekend, I just wanna grab my North Face weekendbag and hop on the first plane to Spain.

On a rather personal level the most important thing in 2010 so far, was buying myself an appartment. Actually, this is the main reason why I haven't looked after this blog in a long while: from February till July I've been arranging all of the paperwork, working in the appartement, packing, moving, and settling.
I always thought I'd never be a house-owner, but here I am sitting at my dinner table in my favourite city in my own place. I've always lived together with family, girlfriends and roommates but now this place is mine, and mine alone. This is my world, where everything goes my way and my way only, and y'all get shut out whenever I want to. This is my own personal kingdom where the Cro-Mags are officially the best band ever, where Henry Rollins and George Orwell wrote the constitution, and Henry Miller wrote the bill of rights. Where every TV-channel broadcasts The Sopranos and The Wire, and where Eddie Murphy is the king's jester. And where all of the above are considered sophisticated and socially accepted.

So basically this is what I've been up to in 2010 so far. I'm not sure where I'll take this blog or where this blog is gonna take me, but I'll try to update this once in a while, whenever my complex life allows me to.
In the meantime, feel free to check up on me at www.twitter.com/badbrainshead  and follow me for daily egotripping and shinfo.

Allow me to finish this off with a little playlist:
BLACK BREATH 'Heavy Breathing'
WAKA FLOCKA FLAME 'Lebron Flocka James 2' mixtape
NAILS 'Unsilent Death'
TERROR 'Keepers Of The Faith'
DRAKE 'Thank Me Later'
FAT JOE 'The Darkside Vol. 1'

No comments:

Post a Comment